Vintage Haute Couture Christian Dior Fashion Sketch
Vintage haute couture fashion sketch from Christian Dior whilst under creative direction of designer Marc
Bohan, who acted as creative director at the Dior house from 1960 to 1989. Some of Bohan’s notable clients
while at Dior included Princess Grace of Monaco, Lynn Wyatt, Betsy Bloomingdale and Princess Caroline of
Monaco. This sketch dates from the 1979-1980 collection featuring a black and white gown with floral
shoulder accent. It includes the Dior house stamp as well as original fabric swatch considered as primary
fabrication for the piece.
Sketch measures 8.5" x 12 " and floats in a black 12" x 15" frame.
- Creator: Christian Dior (Fashion House)
- Of the Period: Modern
- Place of Origin: France
- Date of Manufacture: 1979
- Period: 1970-1979
- Materials and Techniques: Fabric, Gouache, Paper
- Condition: Excellent
- Dimensions: 15 in H x 12 in W x 1.25 in D, 38 cm H x 30 cm x 3 cm D
Details and Care
Each antique requires individualized care and maintenance. We only offer items that pass review by our design team.
Shipping and Guarantee
- This item is final sale and non-returnable.
- All antiques and collectibles are not eligible for free shipping.
- Shipping costs are to be determined after checkout for antiques and collectibles. Our showroom will contact you to coordinate shipping.
- Any other items you order, such as neckties or dresses, will ship separately.
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.